Trellis Chart

by Community Manager ‎02-02-2017 10:56 AM - edited ‎02-02-2017 10:58 AM (1,926 Views)

A small multiple sometimes called trellis chart, lattice chart, grid chart, or panel chart is a series of similar graphs or charts using the same scale and axes, allowing them to be easily compared. It uses multiple views to show different partitions of a dataset.

Trellisv2.png

With Vitara's Trellis chart multiple styles can be applied like bar chart, column chart or line chart. Color by attributes and other formatting features can be used to easily convey information to end users. Ideal for comparing performance of like attributes like product category sales over several years , sales representatives performance over quarters , SAT scores by object for several years etc

Requirements : 

• 2 attributes
  • 1 metric

Minimum Microstrategy version 10.3

Current Version : 2.3

Features :

Fully customizable with editors in Visual Insight (VI) or Web  Report Services Documents for appearance, colors and other look and feel from 10.3 onwards.

Compatible with Desktop and mobile

Installation Instructions: 

Publisher: Vitara

Vitara offers a fully supported, production ready charts plugin VitaraCharts with 15+ stunning visualizations  to enhance  MicroStrategy analytics. All custom visualizations are customizable and supported thru upgrades . For more details please contact sales@vitara.co or www.vitara.co

Attachment
Attachment
Comments
by Senior Guru Senior Guru
on ‎02-02-2017 12:50 PM

Cool one.. Do selector target works when using these D3 or customized charts that you guys provide ? Please advise..

by lillyhu2invexer Pioneer
on ‎02-02-2017 04:17 PM

Do we need liscense for those three Vitara Charts? 

Are they free?

on ‎02-02-2017 04:22 PM

@lillyhu2invexer free only for 30 day trial.. 

If you want it lifetime, you may need to reach their sales folks or the email ID mentioned to utilize them for your business...

by Hema Pioneer
on ‎02-03-2017 03:40 AM

@Lev Ajar absolutely , selectors and use as filter works for our visuals. Icing on the cake these visualizations will work on Report Services Documents as well. 

by Enrique Lopez Junior Contributor
on ‎02-03-2017 01:22 PM

How much does it cost? Thanks

by Hema Pratapa
on ‎02-03-2017 01:27 PM
Hi Enrique , You can reach me at hema@vitara.co to access a trial version. We offer single visualizations or packages of 5 or the full library of 17 visuals. We can discuss what you are interested and provide pricing for that model.
on ‎02-06-2017 09:27 AM

@Lev Ajar

Ok, Should we make notification when the new visualization is published here?

We thought they were supported by MicroStrategy. Actually they are from external sources.

by Tommy B Helper
on ‎02-06-2017 01:58 PM

I agree with @lillyhu2invexer that external pay-for visualizations should be clearly identified as such; perhaps they should be listed under a separate gallery.

Showing this visualization as posted by Community Manager and Admin (@vizmaster) gives the impression that Microstrategy supports this plugin and gives it of a seal of approval.

It is important for my customers to know that something is verified and trusted by Microstrategy before they allow it to be installed in their environments.

by Enrique Lopez Junior Contributor
on ‎02-07-2017 10:24 AM

I agree with @Tommy B and @lillyhu2invexer. In my opinion there should be another hole new section apart from "Visualization Gallery", something like  "Visualization Marketplace"  in order avoid any misunderstanding with our customers, and to separate clearly the free visualizations available for all form the paid ones (trialware/shareware). I know that there is a vitara tag/label, but not everyone knows what or who is vitara, specially non US customers.

on ‎02-07-2017 11:00 AM

I feel we are trying to segregate too many things - 

As long as the post is very clear and crisp - i don't see any issues in having it here.. 

If the post was not clear - then i agree it confuses.. but since it's very clear that it is developed by Vitara and with necessary contact information - i don't feel like to segregate it and have additional sections within the community..

Community should be easy and simple - than segregating with multiple sections within sections... It's my personal view.. will wait and see what the admins decide on this.. @vizmaster

on ‎02-08-2017 09:20 AM

@Lev Ajar

Actually not.

For example, Animated Gauge is also developed by Vitara. And I can succesfully download it and use it in MicroStrategy.

However for those three recent charts, When I import dashboard and deploy the plugin, visualization can't display. It returns with liscense error. By the way, I am using 10.5.

I am not sure what is the exactly reason why I got liscnese issue even I didn't have a free trial of 15 days.

That confused me

by Hema Pratapa
on ‎02-08-2017 09:57 AM
Hi Lilly
Thank you for your feedback. Animated Gauge is actually one of our simpler visualizations which we have given for free to the gallery users. Grid , trellis , calendar are examples of our enhanced visualizations. In the install instructions we have given contact info to get license key as it is not auto generated due to various reasons. You can reach me anytime to get a 30 day free trial of all our visuals for any version 10.3 or above. Best regards Hema hema@vitara.co
Labels