We are working on the next generation of MicroStrategy tools that will provide users the ability to manage datasets including refreshing a dataset and schedule a dataset refresh. To provide a better user experience, we would like to gather feedback from customers who have experience with these functionalities that we currently have on MicroStrategy Web.
Please share your use cases by answering the questions below in the comments:
- How often do you change the refresh policy settings when republishing a cube?
- How often do you not select all data sources when republishing a cube?
- Do you expect to refresh multiple cubes at the same time? (i.e. multi-select multiple cubes and refresh)
Schedule Cube Refresh
- How many schedules do you normally have for a cube?
- If you create more than one schedule for a cube, how often do you do that?
- What’s the use case of creating multiple schedules on a cube?
- If you have multiple schedules, do you expect to have an interface that allows you to manage all of the schedules, including view details, edit, and delete?
As an end user, you can create a schedule for a cube but cannot reuse the schedule for other cubes. To have a reusable schedule template, an Admin has to create one in the metadata. Do you think we should give end users the ability to create schedule templates so that they can be reused later for other cubes?