Preview the new community

We’re making it easier for you to find answers and network with others. Visit our preview site and let us know what you think.

Re: How to develop a report in developer/web that has prompts and grid in a single view?

Newcomer

How to develop a report in developer/web that has prompts and grid in a single view?

Hi,

Could anyone suggest a solution on how to implement below scenario in MSTR?

1) I created a grid report in Web that has few prompts like Start Date and End Date.

2) When I run the report, I am getting prompt page first and then the actual grid report after passing date values.

3) But my requirement is, if I run the report it should display prompts and grid in a single window. How to do implement this?

4) When I run the report, the top of the window should display prompts and below that should display grid. If I change dates in prompts, the grid below should reflect the changes.

I thought it could be done using Document, but I don't if it is possible to link prompts and grid in document.

Thanks,

Ravi

Senior Guru

Re: How to develop a report in developer/web that has prompts and grid in a single view?

Hi,

there is a simple Web SDK tutorial for displaying GRID page and prompt page at the same time in web. I doubt this can be achieved out of the box...

Peter

Peter Franken - axzoom - Business Intelligence Consulting
(MCE, MCEP, MSDKD)
Highlighted
Seeker

Hi Ravi Krishna Reddy,

You are surely not link prompts with the data grid and show in the same window, but a possible workaround for this could be:
1. Create a dataset with Start Date, End Date and other attribute and metrics
2. Do not put any prompts in the report
3. Create a new dashboard and pull this dataset into it
4. Create two selectors (dropdown, checkbox, radio button, listbox etc) in the top section of the dashboard for Start Date and End Date attributes
5. Place the grid report with required formatting below it
6. Make the grid "target" of the two selectors

When you run the dashbaord, you can select the values in the two dropdowns and the data will be reflected in the grid report. 

Thanks
Shruti
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please "Like" My post if it helped you
And If this post resolved your issues, please click on the Button "Accept as Solution" !

Attachment