Preview the new community

We’re making it easier for you to find answers and network with others. Visit our preview site and let us know what you think.

Re: facing issue with fact table

Pioneer

facing issue with fact table

Hi All,

We have same report in Dev and prod environment but here the issue is dev environment report metrics   hitting different fact table and Prod report metrics hitting different fact table.

Has anyone come across the similar situation? Please share your thoughts or inputs.

Thanks,

Raghu

Helper

Hi @Raghu53165,

I believe there is an inconsistency between attributes in Dev and Prod. Please check below things.

• Is your Fact on the same table or not. If it's only created on single source table then in both the environment same table should be involved in the Report Sql.
  • If it's involving more than one table(Source Tables) in fact definition, please check the key attributes are same for both environments and their logical table sizes.

I think there is a logical size difference for the same table in both environment, set it and check again.

Thanks,

Nitin

Pioneer

Thanks Nitin.

Due to table logical size and logical key attribute the report fetching data from different fact table in dev versionwhen compring with Pord version .

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Hi Raghu,

We came across same kind of issue.If the all the objects are not properly migrated means we will see this kind of issue.Please verify the logical size and the table keys are same for the atttributes related tables in Dev and Prod.

If there is any incosistency between two enviroments objects.Please migrate them to higher level.I think it will slove your problem.

Pioneer

Thanks.we verified the both versions of tables logical size is different.

Can you please tell me should I migrate all the objects which are included in report?

Pioneer

[ Edited ]

Hi Raghu,

Verfiy the no.of objects for that partcular table.Identify the objects that are present in Dev and not Present in Prod  by seeing the logical view and migrate missing object into prod.Also please verify the Table keys in DEV and Prod.If all the objects in DEV and Prod are same.Then just migrate the Tables.

Highlighted
Helper

Hi @Raghu53165,

Please check modified date for all attributes for that table(especially key attribute), based on DateTime, decide which attribute is updated recently and migrate them to prod. If you believe dev environment is working fine then migrate table and there all associate attribute to prod by creating a package.

Please accept the post as a solution if it helps you.

Thanks,

Nitin

Pioneer

Thanks.

my issue got resolved .again table deployed from Prod to Dev .