Re: Reordering Attributes

Newcomer
Accepted Solution

Reordering Attributes

Hello All,

I am brand new to MS, I have read through every forum post that I could find on the topic and cannot find a clear answer, (espeically as most posts seem to be very old). Here is my question:

How do you reorder attributes so that they appear in an order other than alphabetically?

I am building a funnel visualization, and "Total Web Traffic" should be before "Check Outs" (just as an example.)

Thanks for your help. 

Jason

Community Manager

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you cannot reorder attributes in custom order at this time.
Newcomer

Topics: 31
Solutions: 25

Hello @jdkru

We have similar requirements in our environment. We're multi tenant so many of our clients have a varying degree of sort required. to handle this, we've created a separate database column called "Sort" which has a numberic value to control the sort. Then, on the MicroStrategy attribute, add that column as a attribute form and define it as the sort on the attribute. Hope this helps!

--Like this post if it was helpful!
Newcomer

Thanks for the help. That is a nice solution. I will work on that. 

Jason

Newcomer

Omar

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still having trouble. I can get the funnel to build out based on the sort table, so it will render correctly in that regard. But I can't seem to get the labels to be applied from the column where the data is actually called something meaningful. 

Can you explain further how to allow one piece of data to sub for another, or how to apply labels for one vs. another. Or?

Thank you so much for your time on this. I really appreciate you. 

Jason

Highlighted
Topics: 31
Solutions: 25

Hello There, It sounds like where you're struggling is to get the description to sort in the sort order specified? In my case I have 3 attribute form. 1 is the ID, the second is the description and the 3rd is simply called "sort" which contains the sort desired. On the report, add both the description form and the Sort form while building the report. apply the sort based on the sort attribute form and then remove the sort form from the display forms. it will retain the sort and get you what you're looking for in terms of the description order on the report. Hope this helps!
--Like this post if it was helpful!