Preview the new community

We’re making it easier for you to find answers and network with others. Visit our preview site and let us know what you think.

Visual Insight: Make "Create Link..." feature also working on Graph objects (like bars) instead only in Grids

by Helper BastianKoenings Helper ‎03-07-2017 09:55 AM - edited ‎03-07-2017 09:57 AM

Hi all,

the new feature to create links from one dashboard to another or other external data is a great feature even if I would prefer that we are also providing the "Link Editor" in addition to the possibility to create URL API Links. See also the following idea:

Provide "Link Editor" with Parameter Passing Possibility to other dashboards also in Visual Insight to enable Guided Analysis

Nevertheless also with the "Create Links" feature we are now able to following a guided analysis approach based on URL API and can jump from one Visual Insight Dashboard to another one with Parameter passing possibilities.

Link_editor.PNG

But: We always need to include a grid for this feature. This is often a showstopper for guided analysis as we want to use graphs for this navigation approach. For example the user clicks on a bar in a graph representing the respective month and jumps into a new Visual Insight Document filtered by this prompt answer. This does not work yet and I want to request this as enhancement that seems to be a low hanging fruit and will help us a lot.

works.PNG

notworking.png

At 2 of my customers this was a showstopper for using VI and go back to RSD.

So what do you think?