Preview the new community

We’re making it easier for you to find answers and network with others. Visit our preview site and let us know what you think.

Gartner BI Bakeoff 2017

by Community Manager on ‎03-08-2017 03:47 PM (1,737 Views)

We presented this dashboard at the annual Gartner BI Bakeoff in Grapevine, Texas. The Bakeoff provided us with some datasets from the Department of Transportation but also incorporated data from Wikipedia to enrich our analyses. This dashboard takes a look at how age, population density, and road conditions might affect accidents and the extent of its fatality. 

Interact with this dashboard on the cloud.

Download and play on Desktop

Screenshot 2017-03-08 15.38.18.png

Attachment
Comments
by Senior Guru Senior Guru
on ‎03-09-2017 11:44 AM

Nice work!!

on ‎03-09-2017 11:49 AM

Export to PDF looks good now on VI --- Good sign.. 

Only thing i noticed was - when i export all SHEETS -- 1st layout/sheets had 3 panel/section - which split as separate and also combined screen on PDF -- not sure why it was behaving so..

by Expert Expert
on ‎04-14-2017 06:36 AM

This dashboard is very interesting to me, in particular the ESRI map visualization. I have 10.3 Desktop version and at now i am not able to have such a beautiful map. These are my questions about this:

- in which Desktop version were introduced the Pin marker?

- what are the Layers i can see in this map? To what they refer (attribute, metrics, etc.)?

- i am not able now to implement a map with graphic type Area, have you some best practices about it?

@LevAjar_Rajavel can you help me on this?

on ‎04-14-2017 02:04 PM

Layer 01Layer 01Layer 02Layer 02

Here you go for different layer - u can add the Map options.. 

by Expert Expert
on ‎04-14-2017 04:29 PM

@Sara Gruppioni@LevAjar_Rajavel is right but beware that layering feature is available since 10.6 release so...you can download new Desktop version or upgrade your bi env;)

on ‎04-14-2017 05:58 PM

@AnAlienX yes -

Also i tested interoperability of downloading the MSTR 10.4 (*.mstr) file from VI & tried opening them in MSTR 10.7 Analytic Desktop (thin client) - but it doesn't help much .. if your VI is so basic - it works... if it has lot of layouts/sheets with complex designs - it doesn't and throws some weird errors..

MSTR Dev team is reviewing it..

Hope the MSTR Desktop is interoperable for easy self service usage.. (as platform release vs feature release confuses everyone - i.e. MSTR 10.4 platform release do not have better export engine for VI whereas MSTR 10.6 feature release has better export engine... ! 

Download desktop

Download our free Desktop product to start creating and sharing your own custom dashboards.

Download Desktop