MicroStrategy 10.7 Release Candidate and MicroStrategy 10.4.3 Test Build 1 is now available for download.

by Helper SuhrudA Helper a month ago - last edited a month ago (1,541 Views)

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the availability of MicroStrategy 10.7 Release Candidate and MicroStrategy 10.4.3 Test build 1 on the MicroStrategy Download site

1) MicroStrategy 10.7 RC is posted under the 'Feature Releases' section on the download site. 

2) MicroStrategy 10.4.3 Test build 1 is posted under the 'Provisional Code' section on the download site. You can install the test build on top of your existing 10.4 environments without any metadata upgrade.

We encourage you to try out new features in MicroStrategy 10.7 and send us feedback either via community discussion forums or through Tech Support. 

Additionally, we request those customers whose cases were resolved with MicroStrategy 10.4.3 to confirm them. These customers will be receiving a notification from our Tech Support.

For a list of new featured and enhancements, we will be making this available on the download site shortly

Regards,

MicroStrategy.

Comments
by TrevorHCampbell Active Contributor
a month ago - last edited a month ago

Is there a readme with what the new features and fixes are in 10.7? (one that's available without installing 10.7, that is)

by Tommy B Helper
a month ago

@TrevorHCampbell - I usually look here, but it doesn't seem to be updated yet

by
a month ago

I downloaded the Windows 4.85GB file to see the Readmer file, but what I found was the Readme for 10.6 !

This was as issue with the 10.5 Release Canidate as well.  I don't know if they are in such a rush to post the RC download but don't bother to do a little basic QA work first to make sure they have the right doc to go with it.

Note to MicroStrategy - posting an RC Announcement that does not have some/correct version documenation on what the new features are is rather pointless, as wanting to know what the features are is the first question we have.  Please do a better job with these.

by Sanjay Papolu Helper
a month ago

@SuhrudA, I experienced the pain with v10.6 RC release. After downloading i realized that it didn't have readme related to that version nor new features listing. I had to wait for GA to learn about new features. So, i would just wait for 10.7 GA and don't bother to spend time uninstalling/installing/upgrading my sandbox with 10.7RC.

by Helper SuhrudA Helper
a month ago

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We are working on making a 10.7 Release Notes/Readmes available in the download site and hope to have it soon. 

I'll update every one shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

MicroStrategy

by Helper SuhrudA Helper
4 weeks ago

Hello All,

The 'Whats New in 10.7 RC' is available on the download site. Please note that this an RC document.

Regards,

MicroStrategy

by Len OToole Pioneer
4 weeks ago

Wow. Tough crowd!! (Including all the deleted comments)

I do agree with you all... that an updated "Whats New / Read Me" would be nice with the RC. But, there's no need to beat someone up over it. It will arrive when it's ready.

Be Nice.

by Expert Expert
4 weeks ago

Hello @SuhrudA

on the download site I have available following categories:

In which category can I find the "Whats new in 10.7 RC"? Havent been able to find anything. is it a matter of privileges? is other privilege for this required?

by Helper SuhrudA Helper
4 weeks ago

@AnAlienX

If you click on the 'Feature Release', its the fourth paragraph on the 'top' of the landing page where you see the title 'Welcome to the Feature Release Page'

Regards,

by Jonathan Finerfrock Junior Contributor
4 weeks ago

Read it!   I am absolutly  under whelmed with 10.7 !  I didn't think it could be more dissapointing than 10.6 but...well...it is!    but I don't use Usher look like they added a bunch of stuff there.   

I think I may not have understood Tim Lang in his talk last year about the feature releases.  I was supposed to be excited! Maybe my American English lost something in translation.  Tim, if you need an example of how to garner excitement, go to the Microsoft Power BI site. Between their monthy releases and their customer comments, they really get the excitement going!   Now, I agree their technology sucks compared to ours but that is the same song Sony sang with Betamax... all the way to its grave! (wonder how many readers are now googling betamax)

My only hope is that they keep throwing out these bones (actually bone fragments) because the next Stable release is going to knock my socks off.  One can dream!

Wonder if Jeff Bedell has any interes in coming back!

by Jon H Helper
4 weeks ago

@Jonathan Finerfrockwrote:

Read it!   I am absolutly  under whelmed with 10.7 !  I didn't think it could be more dissapointing than 10.6 but...well...it is!    but I don't use Usher look like they added a bunch of stuff there.   

I think I may not have understood Tim Lang in his talk last year about the feature releases.  I was supposed to be excited! Maybe my American English lost something in translation.  Tim, if you need an example of how to garner excitement, go to the Microsoft Power BI site. Between their monthy releases and their customer comments, they really get the excitement going!   Now, I agree their technology sucks compared to ours but that is the same song Sony sang with Betamax... all the way to its grave! (wonder how many readers are now googling betamax)

My only hope is that they keep throwing out these bones (actually bone fragments) because the next Stable release is going to knock my socks off.  One can dream!

Wonder if Jeff Bedell has any interes in coming back!

Absolutely agree, this is probably the most disappointing release I've seen.  Who knows the resource allocation to get these out there, but they should have saved it and just focused on the next major release which we all know will have Dossiers.  This seems like a waste of a quarter release cycle.

by Sanjay Papolu Helper
4 weeks ago

Per new release notes - I do see few interesting additions with v10.7 like support for NLG & Aurora. But, definitely not excited to see majority going to Usher. WHY Usher ?

Thinking of Usher - How many customers are really using this ? Are we missing a useful component by not having Usher in our mix?

We do not use Usher and this version cannot really make us to take the effort to upgrade.

Its time to FOCUS...FOCUS...FOCUS !!!! on right things that can get your customers excited...

Labels