Preview the new community

We’re making it easier for you to find answers and network with others. Visit our preview site and let us know what you think.

Re: Microstrategy License auditing

Seeker

Microstrategy License auditing

Hi Guys,

Could you please help me in understanding about the license auditing based on named users key.

We have used a single license key applied on 3 servers (Dev,Qa,Prod) which has decode of (developer 12,Architect 12 and Analyst12). So does this count Architect 12 means a consolidation of all environments or it is at the server level? If  it is at the user level does same 12 user accounts can be granted with Architect privilege on all 3 environments.

Second question is can a architect user automatically hold the developer privilege as well? If the architect is just all about the privileges inside the Architect role then according to that user can only create schema objects,

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Vamsi

Topics: 14
Ideas: 1
Solutions: 5

Hi Vamsi,

As per my understanding ,if this is a named user installation you can have as many installations as you want , as long as all the users are the same users. i.e if you have a QA server installations with 10 users and a production installation with 100 users (and the 10 QA's are accessing production server as well for comparison ) , you can have the same license on both servers.

Please checkout the below links for more details.

https://community.microstrategy.com/t5/Administration-Tools/Can-we-use-the-PROD-named-user-license-key-for-training-purpose/td-p/239063

https://www2.microstrategy.com/producthelp/10.7/SystemAdmin/WebHelp/Lang_1033/Content/Admin/Named_User_licenses.htm 

1.does this count Architect 12 means a consolidation of all environments or it is at the server level?

It would be at server level. You can verify the same by generating the Audit report from diffrerent I-server.

2.can a architect user automatically hold the developer privilege as well?

As per the licencing bundle, it will count 1 license if you are using either developer/Architect. You should double check with your MicroStrategy representative regardig this.

Regards,
Sujit Kumar
-----------------------------------------------------------
Please LIKE, if it was really useful to you.
Please mark as right answer, if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Seeker

Hi Sujit,

Just to give you some info. The count of Architects/developers is validated only after combining the results of license audit from each server. if it exceeds the license agreement Then we need to pay for the extra licenses.

The second thing is about does a user account which has priviliges to both Architect and the developer will be accounted for both licenses of architect and Dev, i am not yet clear on this, This requires to discuss with mstr sales rep