Installation of MS9 on Windows 7 Home premium

Pioneer
Accepted Solution

Installation of MS9 on Windows 7 Home premium

Hi,

I am trying to install Microsstrategy 9 on windows 7 home premium.

i think there is missing component in my OS. the installer throws the following messages.

MicroStrategy Web Universal requirements:
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication

MicroStrategy Web Services requirements:
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication

MicroStrategy Mobile Web Server (ASP .NET) requirements:

MicroStrategy Web MMT requirements:

But my ISS doesnot has windows authentication in it.

kindly some help me in resolving this.

Thanks,
Prashanth
Trusted Expert

Re: Installation of MS9 on Windows 7 Home premium

Can you upload a screenshot of your IIS\World Wide Web Services\Security\ section expanded so that we can see all of the available options for you.

Not all of the Windows 7 installs have the same level of services provided. If the Windows 7 versions are similar to Vista you may be facing a problem on the Windows 7 side where this is not included. See the following tech note for a similar situation:

TN: 30652: When attempting to install on a Windows Vista Home machine, users receive the a message "MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication" when installing MicroStrategy Web 9.0.0.

Hello,
I have tried following the link that you suggest but this is for Vista and I have Win 7.
Is there a solution for Windows 7?

The items that I have under IIS -> WWW Services -> Security are all ticked and are:

- Basic Authentication
- IP Security
- Request Filtering
- URL Authorization

Ian

Pioneer

MS 9 cannot be installed on Windows 7 home premium as it does not has windows authentication (it supports only basic authentication).
try installaing it on Ultimate. it will work.
i did the same.

I have checked the Microsoft upgrade site and it costs $200 to upgrade from Home premium to Ultimate, which is $200 more than I want to pay for FREE evaluation software. Is there any other way?
Otherwise I suspect that my evalustion of MicroStrategy will have to come to an untimely end!
Ian
Pioneer

I have used Windows 7 release candidate, which is Ultimate.

Hello again,

I contacted tech support and they advised installing without the Web bits which I did and it all ran OK.
So I now have the client to evaluate, which is more than enough to be going on with!

Thanks for your help,

Ian
Senior Contributor

I was finally able to install mstr FRS latest verison on my MS 9 ultimate edition OS.
I restarted the IIS setting which was not getting detected by installer.
MicroStrategy 9.0.2 running on Linux Microstrategy FRS running on Win7 ultimate

Hi Experts

Please find attached screenshot taken from IIS Service Manager (Help) maybe this would be useful for some

Regards

Hi Ian,

I am also facing the same issue. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. What do you mean by Installing without Web bits? This will help me a lot. Thank you.

Regards
Murali
Pioneer

I have Windows 7 Professional, which should have Windows Authentication, but still face the same problem. Any suggestion?
Trusted Guru

Hi Howard,

I am pretty sure that this issue should not happned in Windows 7 Professional. However make sure that you have configured IIS with all the necessary components checked like the one below and try restarting IIS. Also make sure that you have set windows password for your login.

Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication

Please try this and let us know...
Thanks,
Reginold Mano Antony.

It's not because of my hard work it's only because of GOD's grace.